ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Behind the front has been fantastic weather with lower humidity, slightly cooler temperatures, and a nice breeze.
- Cool Tuesday morning
- Rapid warm-up ahead
- Chance of storms on Friday
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
Skies will continue to clear into Tuesday morning and it will be much cooler with lows in the 50s and even some 40s for Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco counties.
After the cool start, temperatures will warm nicely through the day, ending up in the low 80s by mid-afternoon.
Skies will be mostly sunny all day with dry air still dominating.
Tuesday night will be mostly clear and nice with lows in the 50s and 60s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Wednesday will be a nice day also, but it will be warmer with highs back into the mid-80s under mostly sunny skies.
Thursday will start mostly sunny but go partly cloudy with increasing humidity and winds from the south. That will help to trigger a few late afternoon isolated storms.
Highs will be in the mid-to-upper 80s.
A strong cold front is on the way for Friday. There will likely be a line of heavy thunderstorms that move in from the Gulf during the first half of the day.
Some of the storms could go severe and that is something we will be analyzing this week to give a better idea of when we get closer to that time.
Cooler air is on the way for this weekend.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location