HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Over a dozen people have been arrested in connection to a seven-month-long drug investigation, which resulted in the bust of a major drug trafficking organization.
- Dozens arrested during seven-month-long drug investigation
- Major drug trafficking organization busted
The investigation, which began in September of 2018, found a significant drug trafficking hub operating out of 1804 South Forbes Road in Plant City.
Over the past several years, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office has responded to more than 100 calls of service to that location, the report stated.
"These arrests have directly made our streets safer. Our detectives' hard work and perseverance on this investigation have cut off access to dangerous drugs to countless people," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "We have no tolerance for this kind of criminal activity, and these individuals will be prosecuted at the state level."
According to the sheriff's office, the investigation involved numerous undercover purchases of methamphetamines, totaling 1,840.1 grams and $27,700 in cash seizures.
"Methamphetamine is a deadly, highly addictive drug that destroys families and ruins lives. I want to thank Sheriff Chronister and our partners at the Drug Enforcement Administration for their quick action to dismantled this meth-trafficking ring and seize these deadly drugs before they could harm more Floridians," Attorney General Ashley Moody said.
Here is the list of people charged:
- Leovigilda Rojas De Coronado — conspiracy to traffic amphetamine and keeping public nuisance structure for drug activity
- Eddie Rodriguez — conspiracy to traffic amphetamine and trafficking amphetamine
- Edgar Rodriguez Jr — conspiracy to traffic amphetamine and trafficking amphetamine
- Ricardo Coronado — contempt of court failure to pay child support
- Rodolfo Conde — trafficking amphetamine
- Eloy Conde — possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Jaime Castillo — conspiracy to traffic amphetamine and trafficking amphetamine
- Roy Rodriguez — violation of probation, possession of controlled substance, and possession of marijuana
- Christian Delgado — conspiracy to traffic amphetamine
- Luis Espinoza Jr. — trafficking in amphetamine
- Kiara Lacole Reese — possession of cannabis
- Joshua Rodriguez — failure to appear-no valid driver's license and resisting officer without violence
- David Conde — habitual traffic offender and driving while license suspended
- George Mendoza — possession of a controlled substance
- Pedro Vazquez-Segura — warrant issued for possession of methamphetamine
- Carlos Rodriguez — warrant issued for possession of methamphetamine
- Angel Sullivan — warrant issues for possession of controlled substance and drug paraphernalia