ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Some high clouds are moving overhead right now. That’s an early sign of things to come, as the next weather system is currently in Texas.
- More humid Thursday
- Rain chance Friday
- Less humid Saturday
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
We will not have rain for Thursday, but those clouds will continue pushing towards us as the next storm system pulls into the Gulf of Mexico.
Skies will go between partly cloudy and mostly clear into Thursday morning. Lows will be milder, mainly in the 60s, with some upper 50s in Citrus to Hernando counties.
Thursday will feature a mix of sun and clouds with more humid air. Highs will actually lower, though, due to an onshore breeze off the gulf. Highs will range from low 80s near the coast to mid 80s inland.
Thursday night will be partly cloudy with warm lows in the low 70s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
The front will move in quickly Friday, with a line of showers and storms moving through likely during the first half of the day. Highs will therefore only reach the upper 70s to low 80s before the rain arrives.
Skies will start clearing out Friday night on the backside of the front.
Behind the front will be a blast of drier, less humid air. It will feel fantastic Saturday morning with lows back down in the 50s to low 60s.
However, even though the humidity will be low this weekend it will still be warm, due to the sun angle this time of year. As a result, expect highs still in the mid 80s, even though it will feel more comfortable.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location