BROOKSVILLE, Fla. — Nine people have been arrested, including an East Lake firefighter, in connection to a two-year human trafficking investigation in Hernando County.
- 9 people arrested in human trafficking investigation
- East Lake firefighter also arrested in connection to case
- Victim, a teen girl, forced to perform sex acts with people
Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis held a news conference Friday morning on the investigation.
According to Nienhuis, a teenage girl was forced to commit prostitution by a person acting as her guardian.
Nienhuis said the person acting as the victim's guardian would take the young girl outside of Hernando County to meet with customers and perform sexual acts.
Nine people obtaining services from the victim were arrested. The suspects range in ages from 19 - 75.
The victim told authorities she would meet with multiple customers several times a week.
Sherrif Nienhuis said the prostitution went on for about six months before they received an anonymous tip.
The victim was rescued two years ago from a home in deplorable conditions — covered in animal feces, bare cement floors, no furniture or appliances, and bare cupboards.
Detectives had to work backwards to build a case, leading to the arrests of nearly 10 people.
One of those arrested was East Lake Firefighter Matthew Christopher Doyle, 39. He faces human trafficking charges, including kidnapping and lewd and lascivious behavior.
Doyle is being held on a $650,000 bond.
List of 9 people arrested:
- Luigi Barile, 38, of Spring Hill — Arrested in Hernando County
- Owner of Chefs of Napoli
- Matthew Christopher Doyle, 39, of Spring Hill — Arrested Hernando County
- Employed full-time by East Lake Fire Rescue as a Lieutenant
- Employed part-time by Bayfront Health Brooksville as a Registered Nurse
- Joseph Andrew Easton, 24, of Inverness — Arrested in Citrus County
- Bryan Joseph Giguire, 46, of Homosassa — Arrested in Citrus County
- Power DMS - Southeast Florida Regional Sales Manager
- James William Hancock, 67, of Delray Beach — Arrested in Palm Beach County
- Shawn Christopher Henson, 39, of Newberry — Arrested in Gilchrist County
- Latchman Kaladeen, 49, of Wesley Chapel — Arrested in Pasco County
- Active ICE Detainer
- Lawrence Edward Kemble, 70, of Ocala — Arrested in Marion County
- Retired Postal Inspector (2003) - Sussex County, New Jersey
- Jason Michael Raulerson, 46, of High Springs — Arrested in Alachua County
Spectrum Bay News 9 will provide additional information online and on air as it becomes available.