ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms this evening.
- Good chance of thunderstorms through evening
- Rain timing shift tomorrow
- Drier later this week
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- ALSO BELOW: 24-hour rainfall totals in Bay area
Some of us will have heavy rainfall.
A southeast to south wind will be around 10 mph.
Partly cloudy skies tonight with a chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Low temperatures will be in the mid 70s.
On Tuesday, the area of high pressure moves south of the area and we will have a southwest to west wind.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
This will lead to an earlier start to the rain with a chance of a few morning showers and storms developing along the coast then spreading inland during the afternoon.
Tuesday’s rain chance is 50 percent.
Highs will be in the upper 80s.
Later this week, an upper level ridge will build over the region with lower rain chances and hotter afternoons.
24 HOUR RAINFALL TOTALS THROUGH 10 a.m. MONDAY
Tampa 4.8 SW 2.73
St. Petersburg 3.2 NNW 2.68
Palm Harbor 2.30
St. Petersburg 2.2 N 1.93
Tampa 5.0 NNE 1.47
Thonotosassa 3.6 NE 1.27
Hernando Beach 0.82
Spring Hill 0.79
Weeki Wachee 0.72
Plant City 0.62
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location