FLORIDA — The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) launched a campaign to educate the public and conserve Florida’s coral reefs.
- Anyone can join the Florida Coral Crew to support coral reefs
- Raise awareness for corals affected by disease
- Visit FLCoralCrew.com to join
Anyone can join the Florida Coral Crew to support healthy ecosystems and restore corals affected by disease.
Coral Crew members will receive updates about the disease event and information on volunteer opportunities to help restore the reef.
“We know our sportsmen and women care about our precious coral reefs and have the skills and energy to make a difference,” said FWC Chairman Robert Spottswood. “We need their support as we work with partners on restoration efforts to combat the Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease rapidly affecting our Florida Reef Tract.”
To help protect Florida’s coral:
- Avoid touching corals while diving.
- Don’t anchor near corals.
- Clean diving gear.
- Use environmentally-friendly sunscreens.