ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue to slowly work northwest to the Gulf this evening, then end. Expect partly cloudy skies overnight.
- Sunday will be partly sunny with scattered showers, thunderstorms
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
Some patchy fog is possible. Low temperatures will be in the mid to upper 70s again.
As high pressure continues to dominate our weather, scattered afternoon and evening storms are expected through Monday.
Sunday will be partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms developing in the afternoon along the sea breezes and outflow boundaries. Storms will move toward the northwest in the late afternoon through evening. Highs will be in the 90s.
Monday will look very similar with light winds and a sea breeze.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Highs will be in the low 90s. Low temperatures will be in the 70s.
Winds switch to onshore starting Tuesday. That will mean an earlier start to the day for the showers and thunderstorms. Storms should also end earlier and the biggest storms will be in inland by the late afternoon to evening.
The onshore wind pattern should last at least through midweek. By next weekend, the pattern will likely switch back to a southeast to east prevailing wind.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location