TAMPA, Fla. — Two men working in a vending area at Raymond James Stadium were injured when a spark caused a small explosion, according to Tampa Police.

  • Victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries
  • Incident caused about $5,000 worth of damage

The explosion occurred just before 2 p.m. Thursday on the 300 level of the stadium. The two workers were transported to Tampa General Hospital as a trauma alert.

They were identified as Shane Bors, 29, of Hudson, and Charles Knowles, 62, of St. Petersburg. They suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Police said one of the men was working on a gas line, and the other was working on a cooler.

Sprinklers inside the stadium went off, and about $5,000 worth of damage was done, police said.

Tampa Fire Rescue reports the scene is under control. The cause was ruled accidental.