ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The disturbance over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico is now moving north-northeastward with gale-force winds.
- Track the Tropics on Spectrum Bay News 9
- Storm Season 2019 headlines, preparation tips
- WATCH: Tropical updates each hour at :49; Download Spectrum TV app
It's expected to develop into a tropical or subtropical storm early Friday.
Remember this will be a lopsided, poorly organized system with most of the significant weather east of the center.
There could be a risk of tornadoes in Florida late Friday night and into Saturday.
This will be a fast moving system so flooding from rainfall shouldn’t be a big problem.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Mississippi/Alabama border to Yankeetown Florida
* Grand Isle Louisiana to the Mouth of the Pearl River
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Indian Pass Florida to Clearwater Beach Florida
SUMMARY OF 500 PM INFORMATION
ABOUT 445 MI...720 KM SW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NE OR 45 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1004 MB...29.65 INCHES