ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — An upper level trough is moving by to our north. It is just far enough south to push a cold front into and through Tampa Bay by Friday morning.
- Front arrives overnight
- A few showers with the front late night
- Comfortable and drier weekend
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
The Nature Coast will get more of the cooler air than the Tampa Bay area. The humidity will drop for the entire area though.
A few gusty showers will move through along and ahead of the front overnight. Breezes will increase and cooler and drier air will follow the front.
In the morning, lows will get to the lower 60s for Citrus and Hernando Counties. Lows for Tampa will drop to around 70s.
A few lingering showers will be possible just south of Tampa Bay by daybreak. Winds will pick up before morning.
On Friday, the front will slow down and stall out just to the south. It will be comfortable with highs near 80 around Tampa Bay, but only low 70s for the Nature Coast. Those areas will be deeper into the cooler air.
Skies will be partly sunny. It will be breezy, especially in the first half of the day. Winds will be out of the north.
Friday night will be cool again with lows in the lower 60s north to upper 60s for Tampa Bay. The front will still be stalled out in South Florida.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Saturday will be a little breezy, with northeasterly to northerly winds continuing. Humidity will be comfortable.
Highs will be near 80 around Tampa Bay to mid to upper 70s for the Nature Coast. Expect partly sunny skies.
The next upper level trough will swing into the Southeast U.S. Saturday night. This will push the lingering front farther south and out of Florida, so another surge of cooler and drier air moves in across the area for Sunday.
Sunday morning will bring low temperatures in the low 60s for Tampa Bay to low 50s north. The afternoon will be partly cloudy to mostly sunny with low humidity.
There will be at least a little breeze from the northeast. Highs in Tampa Bay will only reach the upper 70s.
On Monday, the air begins to warm a little. Highs will get back into the 80s, but the humidity will stay decent. Small rain chances will return in the afternoon.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location