ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A weak backdoor type of cold front moved through last night. The air behind it is not much cooler, but it is less humid.
So overnight will be breezy and cooler than last night. Lows will be in the low 60s for Tampa to the low 50s for the Nature Coast.
- Sunday showers
- Colder next week
- WEATHER BLOG: It's about to get cold around here!
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
Saturday will be breezy and warm. Highs will be in the upper 70s to around 80. Skies will be mostly sunny and the humidity stays decent.
Sunday will continue the warmth. Winds will be breezy out of the southeast to start, then will become southwesterly as a cold front approaches from the northwest.
Scattered showers will move in from the Gulf from midday into to the evening. Highs will be in the low 70s.
The cold front will move through Sunday evening. Cooler air will push in quickly by Monday morning.
Lows will be in the 50s for Tampa Bay to the 40s for the Nature Coast. It will be breezy.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Cooler air will continue to push in during Monday on north winds. It will be breezy to windy with highs staying in the mid 60s. Dew points will plunge.
So Monday night may be the coolest of the season so far. Lows will be from 40 to the low 40s for Tampa Bay to around the freezing mark for Citrus and Hernando Counties. A breeze may prevent frost though.
Tuesday will start off very chilly, and will not warm up much. It will still be breezy with north winds.
Highs will stay in the upper 50s! Skies will be sunny though.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location