TAMPA, Fla. — It's time for the 2020 Florida State Fair at the Florida State Fairgrounds!
- Link: Florida State Fair event calendar
- Link: Directions and Fair hours
- Link: Purchase Fair tickets
- More: Florida State Fair official site
This year's installment runs from February 6-17 and features entertainment and the largest Midway of rides and games in the United States and, of course, food and deserts.
The Florida State Fair will have all day performances including music, animal acts and more.
There are also plenty of new food options. Whether it's Cheeseburger On-A-Stick, Steak n Eggs Sundae or the Peanut Butter Ramen Burger, you won't leave hungry.
This year's promotions include Heroes day on February 6 to honor military and emergency responders, and Family Day on February 7.
Some more facts about this year's fair:
- Gates open at 10 a.m. on Thursday, February 6.
- A new show, SOAR by Natural Encounters, gives visitors an up close look at some birds.
- People also have a chance to be a part of that show.
- Tickets are $9 in advance for adults, $12 at the gate. Kids tickets are $5 in advance and $8 at the gate. Senior tickets are $7 in advance and $9 at the gate.
As the first State Fair of the year, the Florida State Fair is the first to debut new and unique fair food such as the Cuban Pizza, Deep Fried Cookie Dough, Buffaloaded Quesadilla and so much more.
The Florida State Fair, first held in Tampa in 1904, has become one of the largest events in the state, attracting more than 500,000 people during its 12-day run.