ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — We are now just three months away from the official start of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season, which begins on June 1.
It seems like the season just ended, doesn’t it? It did nearly three months ago! We are already halfway through the “off season” at this point. That being said, it’s a great time to review or create a hurricane plan should a storm threaten our area this upcoming season.
Here’s what you should consider as we approach hurricane season:
- Know your evacuation zone
- Create an emergency supplies kit
- Have a list of important documents and medications
- Think about finances- have extra cash available in the event of power outages
- Write down your hurricane plan and review with the family
- Review your insurance policies
- Strengthen your home
Hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30. Remember, storms can form during the “off season.” It happened just last year when Subtropical Storm Andrea formed on May 20 over the Atlantic.
The names for the 2020 hurricane season are below.
Did your name make this list?