Spectrum Bay News 9 will continue to update the following closings pages related to the Coronavirus:
- COVID-19 IMPACTS ON: Early Voting | Airports, Transportation Systems | School Districts and Universities | Attractions
- CORONAVIRUS LIVE UPDATES: In the Tampa Bay area | In the Central Florida area
- CDC INFORMATION: Coronavirus.gov
- COMPLETE COVERAGE: Latest news, phone hotlines and resources, flu vs. common cold vs. COVID-19 symptom checker, and more
Facilities closing in the Tampa area
MUSEUMS AND SCIENCE CENTERS
- Museum of Fine Arts in St. Pete closed Saturday, March 14 to the public. the 23rd Annual Art in Bloom scheduled for March 26 to 30 has also been canceled.
- The Florida Holocaust Museum is closing beginning Monday through Sunday, March 29. All upcoming programs through April 4th have also been postponed.
- Lake Wales Public Library and Lake Wales History Museum will close March 17. Reopening is currently scheduled for March 30.
- St. Petersburg Museum of History is closed and plans to reopen Wednesday, April 1.
- Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa is closed through March 29.
- Tampa Museum of Art is closed through March 29.
- MOSI in Tampa is closed through March 29.
- Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa is closed through March 29.
- Florida Aquarium in Tampa is closed through March 29.
- ZOO TAMPA AT LOWRY PARK closed: Temporarily closed starting Monday, March 16th through Sunday, March 29.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa is postponing event center shows and pool parties until mid-April. A number of acts are bring rescheduled. Those who purchased tickets are encouraged to hold onto those tickets until new dates are announced. For updates, go to the Seminole Hard Rock website.
- Tampa Theater is suspending shows and events through March 31.
- The Florida Orchestra is canceling concerts and events through April 5.