This whole week, you can immerse yourself in a tropical oasis while watching gifted artists in action.
- This week is Wekiva Paint Out. With special events nightly, nearly two dozen invited artists from around the country take over the Longwood attraction to do what they do best: paint nature.
- Michelle Held is this year's cover artist. She was “discovered” locally five years ago at Paint Out and had become an immediate fan favorite.
- Michelle has been a working artist in Sarasota for 26 years. She and her husband put their kids through school thanks to her artwork and gallery showings.
- Wekiva Paint Out is now in its 16th year. It started Monday, February 28, 2022 and goes through Saturday, March 5.
- Saturday is the Paint Out Gala from 6-10 p.m. at Wekiva Island. This all-inclusive event features the work of 25 plein air artists, who all paint throughout the week during Wekiva Paint Out. They also have special meal & carving stations from Without A Paddle Cafe, plus wine, beer and a bonfire on the river. It's $40 per person or $70 per couple.