May 24, 2022
Bay area swimming lessons:
Pinellas | Hillsborough | Pasco | Citrus | Polk | Hernando | Manatee
May 23, 2022
May 18, 2022
May 9, 2022
April 28, 2022
April 23, 2022
April 22, 2022
April 12, 2022
- CareerSource Tampa Bay Job Fair
Tuesday, April 12 Noon to 2 p.m.
Job Fair for Tampa Water Street & JW Marriott Water Street hotels
9215 N. Florida Ave. Suite 101, Tampa
April 5, 2022
April 4, 2022
April 1, 2022
- The Tampa Fight For Air Climb: ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS: The Tampa Fight For Air Climb is officially canceled for tomorrow due to unsafe weather. Safety is their top priority. They made this decision based on the expertise of meteorologists and local officials. The Climb has been tentatively rescheduled for Sunday, May 1. They thank participants for their understanding. Please continue to check back to this site for additional updates.
March 24, 2022
- Pfizer Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Lots of ACCURETIC™ (quinapril HCl/hydrochlorothiazide), quinapril and hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Over 200 jobs will be filled at the annual TAMPA BAY WORKS Job and Resource Fair, Thursday, March 24th from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
TAMPA BAY WORKS is holding its annual Job Fair Thursday featuring 30 Top area Companies making on the spot job offers. Jobs are available in all fields - administration, customer service, education, labor and construction, logistics, driving, food service, hospitality, law enforcement, medical and nursing, sales, professional, banking/financial, manufacturing, tech, warehouse and more.
The event happens from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Sheraton Tampa East. located at 10221 Princess Palm Ave., Tampa, FL 33610.
To see more and to pre-register for the event, visit http:// floridajoblink.com
March 23, 2022
- The Rays, Rowdies and Levy will host a job fair today at Tropicana Field for the 2022 season. The list of available jobs includes: box office staff, 50/50 raffle sellers, Tech Team members, parking staff, grounds crew, Performance Clean staff, CSC security guards, retail sales associates, catering staff, cooks, cashiers, warehouse attendants, runners, barbacks, bartenders, dishwashers, supervisors, restaurant workers and counter workers.
When: March 23 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Where: Tropicana Field, 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg, FL, 33705. Park in Lot 6 and enter through Gate 7.
Note: Valid picture identification is required. Any personal items must be stored in clear bags or purses. Those interested in attending should bring a resume.
March 21, 2022
March 17, 2022
March 14, 2022
- Pinellas community foundation launches a fun for Tampa Bay to assist Ukrainians. The goal of the Ukraine Humanitarian Relief Fund of Tampa Bay is to provide local residents with a trusted way to offer assistance. Learn more here.
March 1, 2022
February 17, 2022
Febuary 16, 2022
February 9, 2022
Jan. 31, 2022
Jan. 27, 2022
Jan. 9, 2022
Jan. 8, 2022
December 22, 2021
December 20, 2021
December 14, 2021
December 10, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 5, 2021
November 30, 2021
November 26, 2021
November 16, 2021
November 15, 2021
- If you filed tax returns for 2019 or 2020, have dependents and meet eligibility requirements, you should have been receiving the monthly payments already. If you have not filed tax returns, go to getctc.org and pick the option to file a simplified version of your tax credits. The version in Spanish is on getctc.org/es.
November 9, 2021
November 8, 2021
October 29, 2021
- Paying your Pasco County Utilities bill is now easier
You can make payments with any of these easy-to-use methods:
By phone at 855-786-5344
Online using MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Visa
Online using Google Pay, Apple Pay, eCheck or ACH (Automatic Clearing House)
In-person at one of three Customer Service Centers (Visa not accepted in-person)
Recurring automatic payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Mail via U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS
To see a step-by-step guide for the new method, or to learn more about all payment methods, please visit our Pasco County Utilities payment webpage.
October 28, 2021
October 25, 2021
- Citrus County roundabout at US 98 at CR 491
Final dates to test-drive roundabout: A full-scale version of the future US 98/CR 491 roundabout is set up in Citrus County. The test track will be available for drivers to try on October 20 and 27. Details/directions
- Polk County links for rental assistance:
Florida Rural Legal Services Inc.
Phone: 1 (888) 582-3410, ext. 3022 or 3016
The Agricultural and Labor Program Inc.
Phone: (863) 956-3491 or 1 (800) 330-3491
Heart for Winter Haven Inc.
Phone: (863) 291-6270
October 23, 2021
October 19, 2021
October 18, 2021
October 17, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 5, 2021
October 4, 2021
October 1, 2021
Sept. 30, 2021
Sept. 29, 2021
- Employees with Hillsborough County Public Schools enjoy a competitive benefits package, including a variety of retirement options, weekends off, no-premium healthcare options, and more. Potential applicants can register ahead of time at https:// bit.ly/ JobFair0929.
Sept. 28, 2021
Sept. 25, 2021
- Oldsmar news: To help the community develop a further understanding of Oldsmar’s proposed Downtown Development, the City has created a special website section for those interested in learning more about this subject.
The page includes materials presented during the August 17 City Council meeting, FAQs, and a platform to submit questions and comments to City Council. Click here to view.
- Bartow news: VISTE is in desperate need of volunteers to help deliver hot meals on Tuesdays and supplemental groceries once a month to seniors living in BARTOW. If interested in volunteering, please contact VISTE at 863-683-8458 or visit their website at www.viste.org
Sept. 24, 2021
Sept. 20, 2021
- Citrus County Job Fair! With businesses from Lecanto, Inverness, Crystal River and more coming together in-person, you can explore all of your local open positions. This event is free and open to the public. Masks are required at this in-person event. Learn more and register.
Sept. 17, 2021
- Achieve Center at Richey is now hiring Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Instructional Assistants (IA). ACR is a school for elementary kids with emotional/behavioral disabilities. On the job training is available. To apply please visit: https://pasco.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=17310
Sept. 16, 2021
Sept. 14, 2021
Sept. 13, 2021
Sept. 11, 2021
Sept. 8, 2021
Sept. 5, 2021
Sept. 2, 2021
Aug. 31, 2021
Polk County Sheriff's Office Hiring Crossing Guards
- The Polk County Sheriff's Office is seeking qualified men and women in various locations in Polk County who desire to work as substitute crossing guards.
- The locations in need are in the Jan Phyl Village area of Winter Haven, Lake Wales, and Lakeland.
- Anyone interested should be available to work for one hour in the morning and for 30 minutes in the afternoon when scheduled to work a crossing.
- Anyone interested in applying for a school crossing guard position in Winter Haven or Lake Wales should contact Supervisor Courtney Branch at (863) 534-7300 ext. 109.
- Anyone interested in applying for a school crossing guard position in Lakeland should contact Supervisor Heather Strafford at (863) 534-7300 ext. 108.
Aug. 29, 2021
Suncoast Animal League took in some puppies and dogs Sunday morning that were evacuated from the path of Hurricane Ida in Louisiana. The team at St. Landry Parrish then headed back to Louisiana to help evacuate more animals as devastating Hurricane Ida inched closer. If you are interested in fostering any of these pups, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aug. 26, 2021
Aug. 25, 2021
Aug. 24, 2021
Citrus County water quality reports are now available to the public. You can find them here.
Water quality data is recorded daily and reported monthly to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Aug. 24, 2021
- LINK: CareerSource Florida
- JOB FAIR
Wednesday, August 24th, 2021 from 8 AM - 8 PM - Clearwater - St. Petersburg - Tampa NE - Sarasota - Brandon -Bradenton - New Port Richey Express Employment Professionals has over 1,500 jobs we are hiring for on Wednesday, August 24th from 8am-8pm. We will be recruiting for close to 500 different local Southwest Florida Companies! All interviews will take place over the phone and Express NEVER charges any fees to job seekers. CLICK LINK BELOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR PHONE INTERVIEW AT SOUTHWEST FLORIDA-JOB-A-THON https://expresspros.com/southwestfloridaregion/ Can't Make August 24th, Call your Local Express office anytime between 8am until 5pm to speak with our expert Recruiters. PLEASE REFER A FRIEND! REFERRAL BONUS AVAILABLE Job-A-Thon Position Details: - Office Services -Industrial - Skilled Trades – Professional - All Positions are primarily Evaluation-Hire or Direct Hire Positions -Entry Level to Professional Positions Available
Aug. 21, 2021
- Fall 2021 CareFest
CareFest is back! The celebration of volunteering and giving back to the community has returned for Fall 2021. Community members are invited to participate in local projects Saturday, Sept. 11 through Sunday, Oct. 17.
Click for details
Aug. 18, 2021
Aug. 17, 2021
- For 24-hour counsel, call the National Veteran Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. You are NOT alone! Veterans in Florida, call the Florida Veterans Support Line at 1-844-MyFLVet (693-5838) or 2-1-1.
- Win the Morgan & Morgan jingle contest
Aug. 14, 2021
Aug. 13, 2021
Aug. 12, 2021
Aug. 9, 2021
Aug. 7, 2021
Aug. 6, 2021
Aug. 6, 2021
Aug. 5, 2021
Aug. 3, 2021
Aug. 1, 2021
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has launched a new search tool to help struggling renters find assistance. Learn more here.