Nov. 24, 2020
- Hillsborough COVID-19 Public Testing Schedule for Thanksgiving Week
The Thanksgiving holiday will impact schedules at COVID-19 coronavirus public testing locations in Hillsborough County.
All public testing sites will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26.
Here is the schedule for the rest of the week:
Suncoast Community Health Center, 313 S. Lakewood Drive, Brandon
Following this evening's appointments, this site will be closed until Monday, Nov. 30.
Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa
Open Tuesday, Nov. 24, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (this day has been added due to heavy demand)
Wednesday, Nov. 25, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed all other days until Monday, Nov. 30
Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
Open Tuesday, Nov. 24 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Open Wednesday, Nov. 25, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26
Closed Friday, Nov. 27
Open Saturday, Nov. 28, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Sunday, Nov. 29
Open Monday, Nov. 30 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hillsborough County's COVID-19 Coronavirus Testing and Information Line, (888) 513-6321, will remain open 24/7 for general questions related to COVID-19. For more information about getting tested at one of the public sites, as well as links to other testing options, go to HCFLGov.net/COVIDTesting.
Hillsborough County urges residents to protect themselves and others from
COVID-19 as they observe the holiday. Wear face coverings when around others in public. Practice social distancing. Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and don't touch your face. Limit gatherings to no more than 10 people.
Face Coverings Mandate Remains in Effect The mandate that face coverings must be worn in indoor locations of businesses, with certain exceptions, remains in effect. For more information, go to HCFLGov.net/facecoverings.
Nov. 21, 2020
Nov. 19, 2020
- Community Ambassador Program looking for individuals who are friendly, reliable, passionate, team-oriented, and eager to show off Tampa Bay during Super Bowl LV week. In 2021, the Super Bowl is set to return to the Tampa Bay community for the fifth time. As with all major events, the Super Bowl LV Host Committee, Tampa Bay Sports Commission, and NFL will rely heavily on volunteer and community support to help execute and elevate the overall event. A large variety of volunteer shifts will be available throughout the championship week. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the Ambassador program.
Nov. 15, 2020
Nov. 14, 2020
Nov. 11, 2020
The reopening of several Hillsborough County libraries scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 12, has been delayed until Monday, Nov. 16, because of Tropical Storm Eta.
- Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, 1906 Bloomingdale Ave. in Valrico
- C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library, 2607 E. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. in Tampa
- Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library, 3910 S. Manhattan Ave. in Tampa
- Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- Maureen B. Gauzza Public Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd. in Tampa
- North Tampa Branch Library, 8916 North Blvd. in Tampa
- New Tampa Regional Library, 10001 Cross Creek Blvd. in Tampa
- SouthShore Regional Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way in Ruskin
- Town 'N Country Regional Public Library, 7606 Paula Drive, Ste. 120 in Tampa
Nov. 10, 2020
Nov. 6, 2020
- FREE Meals For Students During Thanksgiving Break
The Citrus County Schools Food and Nutrition Services Department is providing Citrus County children with seven days' worth of lunches, snacks, and dinners to help them through the Thanksgiving break. This FREE drive-thru service applies to all children in the county 18 years and under.
Parents/Caregivers MUST fill out the pre-registration form BEFORE November
16th to receive meals. Forms are available at one of our existing meal sites
on Mondays and Thursdays OR by visiting
Nov. 3, 2020
- November S.C.O.R.E. Free Live Webinars.
November 12, 2020 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tax Implications for Small Business
This webinar discusses federal and Florida business entities and how to create them. We will also cover state and local licensing requirements. We’ll review federal and state employment taxes, such as FICA, FYTA withholding, and reemployment. This webinar will be presented by Bill Gelbach, Pasco Hernando SCORE Volunteer.
Oct. 31, 2020
- The Largo Police Department would like to hear your experience on the quality of services provided to the Largo community. Feedback will help to gauge citizen perceptions of crime and safety, and as a platform for organizational learning. Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPDSurvey2020
Oct. 30, 2020
- Manatee County is looking for 10 Event Techs to work on a Part-Time, As-Needed basis. In this role, you will be helping set up chairs and spacing them 6 ft apart, setting up tables with a co-worker, and other event related set up functions.
- Event season is approaching, apply today!
Oct. 28, 2020
- Pasco Businesses: Don't miss your chance to be 100% reimbursed for earning an internationally-recognized GBAC STAR Accreditation for infectious disease outbreak prevention. Inspire consumer confidence and wellness! Apply by October 31, 2020: http://bit.ly/GBAC-App #PascoCounty
Oct. 27, 2020
- Citrus County Code Review and Appeals Board Seeking Applications for Vacancies. Citrus County Board of County Commissioners is seeking applications for two (2) vacancies on the Code Review and Appeals Board (CRAB). The Board is seeking two (2) regular position members and for terms beginning February 1, 2021 and ending on January 31, 2025.
- Hillsborough County is working to develop a Community Sustainability Action Plan. Sustainability is the wise use of resources to meet the current needs of individuals and society, while helping to sustain and protect the wellbeing of our people, the environment, and the local economy. Join us for an Open House discussion to find out how you can be involved and shared your ideas. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/.../reg.../WN_4Kq7c8OiQd6DlIW5CAVtmw
Oct. 25, 2020
Oct. 24, 2020
Oct. 21, 2020
Oct. 19, 2020
Oct. 17, 2020
Oct. 16, 2020
- The Firestone Grand Prix is looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers with a can-do attitude. Apply now at: http://gpstpete.com/volunteer
The Firestone Grand Prix is looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers with a can-do attitude!
Volunteering at the Event is a unique and fulfilling experience that offers great insight into one of the biggest annual sporting events in Florida! An event of this scale and scope would not be possible without the dedication and support of our fabulous volunteers. We hope you will join our team!
- The Citrus County CARES Small Business Grant Program Phase III electronic application link, www.citrusbocc.com/cares, goes live on Monday, October 19 at 8:00AM and the application period extends through Friday, November 6 at 5:00PM.
Oct. 15, 2020
Oct. 12, 2020
Oct. 11, 2020
Oct. 10, 2020
Oct. 8, 2020
Oct. 7, 2020
- TAMPA, Fla. — Hillsborough County Commissioner Sandy Murman, in association with CareerSource Tampa Bay will be hosting her 9th Annual County Job Fair, on Thursday, October 8th, from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. via a virtual job fair platform. SIGN UP LINK: www.CareerSourceTB.com/JobFair.
Sept. 30, 2020
- Lealman residents: find out what your neighbors think about the future of Pinellas County’s Lealman Exchange center at a special Town Hall meeting, Wed., Sept. 30, at 6:30 p.m. Meeting will be virtual on Zoom & onsite w/ limited seating. RVSP by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pasco Businesses: Earn your GBAC STAR Accreditation for infectious disease outbreak prevention in one day during a FREE, in-person workshop Oct. 6 or 7 at AdventHealth Center Ice. #PascoCounty will reimburse all associated costs. Learn more and register: bit.ly/GBACStarWorkshop
- Join a team a Manatee County as an Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners
Build your career and enjoy excellent benefits, including:
Low-cost award-winning health insurance
Participation in pension plan or 401k plan
Generous paid vacation, sick time and holidays
Come do #WorkThatMatters. Apply today: bit.ly/BCCExecAsst
Sept. 27, 2020
Sept. 26, 2020
Sept. 21, 2020
- Now Hiring: Network Engineer
Salary: $33.42 - $55.14/Hour
Job Overview: Performs network engineering, installation, setup, configuration, upgrades, advanced troubleshooting for enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), firewalls, voice communications infrastructure/systems (including Voice Over IP), and wireless networking & monitoring systems.
Find job details and apply today, here:
Sept. 20, 2020
Sept. 18, 2020
Polk County Public Schools is pleased to formally announce a new elementary school in the Mulberry area. The unnamed K-5 school is under construction at 4815 Bailey Road and is expected to be complete for the start of the 2021-22 school year. The 127,000-square-foot school will have capacity for approximately 1,000 students. It will serve the existing student population at Kingsford Elementary and provide enrollment relief to James W. Sikes and R. Bruce Wagner elementary schools.
WATCH: Southwest Florida Water Management District has partnered with the Hernando County Utilities Department and UF IFAS Solutions to help residents save water and money!
In Citrus County, want a presentation on Emergency Management and COVID19 has you stuck inside, unable to meet? Let us come to you - virtually! It’s free. If you are interested, call Director Evan at 352-249-2703 or email email@example.com.
Sept. 17, 2020
Drone Prep Course
- When: October 12 - 14, 2020
- Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Where: Microsoft Teams platform (live classroom)
- This virtual course is designed to help prepare those who want to incorporate drones into their professional career and need to pass the FAA Part 107 knowledge test.
- Books and class activity kit will be mailed directly to the address of the individual registered for the course prior to the start of the course. Cost of these items are covered in the course registration fee. Registration will close October 5, 2020, to give time for course materials to arrive via postal service.
Sept. 15, 2020
- New hours offered for COVID-19 testing at Mahaffey Theater site. Beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 16, COVID-19 testing will be available from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the County's drive-up testing site outside of the Duke Energy for the Arts Mahaffey Theater, 400 1st St. S., St. Petersburg. Antibody testing will be available from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
- Put your culinary skills to the test! The UF/IFAS Pasco County Extension Community Garden and Family Consumer Sciences Programs are hosting a FREE, four-week, online nutrition and gardening program that begins October 5, 2020, and culminates with a cookoff.
WHAT: Healthy Eating Program and Contest
WHEN: October 5 through 29, 2020
HOW: Register online through October 5 at: bit.ly/healthyeatingcookoff
WHERE: Enjoy weekly, virtual lessons online at home. On October 29, drop off your meal sample, complete with recipe information at:
UF/IFAS Pasco Extension One-Stop Shop
15029 14th Street
Dade City, FL
Sept. 14, 2020
Sept. 13, 2020
Sept. 13, 2020
Sept. 12, 2020
Sept. 9, 2020
Sept. 6, 2020
ZooTampa virtual clean-up event details
For those who missed Monday night's Charter Review Committee public forum, there will be another, according to City of Haines City Government.
The committee elected to hold another public forum for Monday, Sept. 28. As is the case with all committee meetings, it will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Lake Eva Event Center, 799 Johns Ave.
Use the same Zoom information to weigh in or follow remotely:
Webinar ID: 811 9186 2385
To call toll free, dial 888-475-4499 or 877-853-5257
Sept. 4, 2020
Sept. 1, 2020