August 8, 2020
- Tampa Bay Home Show
- Safer workouts at home
- Personal trainer Lauren Weston is showing us how to stay active with safer at home workouts. To learn more about Weston and her workouts, visit her Instagram page.
August 7, 2020
August 6, 2020
August 5, 2020
August 4, 2020
- PINELLAS COUNTY — Calling artists of all ages! Forward Pinellas needs your help to design artwork for the Safe Streets Pinellas Action Plan. Now through August 31, 2020, create and submit your artwork depicting what #SafeStreets means to you.
WHAT: Safe Streets Pinellas Art Contest
WHO: Artists of All Ages
WHEN: Now - August 31, 2020
HOW: Step 1- Take a picture or scan your artwork (if it is not digital).
Step 2- Submit Artwork Online: bit.ly/SSPArtContestForm
August 1, 2020
July 27, 2020
- Face coverings are now required inside businesses in Manatee County: Download signs to display at your business:
- Hillsborough County residents who wish to be tested for COVID-19 coronavirus after Saturday, Aug. 1 at Raymond James Stadium or three other specific County public testing locations will be using a different reservation system to make online appointments.
- Pasco County Water Quality Report
Utilities provides the latest water quality testing results for each service area online in the 2019 Consumer Confidence Reports (CCR). Simply access the direct link provided on your utilities water bill or select your report at bit.ly/PascoWaterQualityReports
July 26, 2020
July 25, 2020
July 21, 2020
July 19, 2020
July 17, 2020
July 15, 2020
- Virtual Hurricane Preparedness Presentations
Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10 AM and 2 PM
Atlantic hurricane season started June 1st and runs through November 30th. Fire Chief David Mixson and Deputy Fire Chief Emery Culverhouse will be holding virtual hurricane preparedness presentations to share information about evacuation plans, supply lists, alert systems, and what to do after a storm event. Members of the public can log in to watch the presentations and will be given opportunities to ask questions.
10 AM Presentation
2 PM Presentation
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87655881957
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89387301211
July 14, 2020
July 13, 2020
July 12, 2020
July 10, 2020
July 9, 2020
July 8, 2020
July 7, 2020
July 5, 2020
July 4, 2020
July 1, 2020
June 30, 2020
June 28, 2020
June 26, 2020
June 25, 2020
June 24, 2020
- Where to find free masks
Masks available at these locations starting on Thursday, June 25:
- Clearwater Main Library, 100 N. Osceola Ave.; (727) 562-4970
- Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: Noon to 2 p.m., 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Palm Harbor Library, 2330 Nebraska Ave.; (727) 784-3332
- Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Lealman Exchange 5157 45th St.N., St. Petersburg; (727) 464-5404
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Barbara S. Ponce Public Library, 7770 52nd St. N., Pinellas Park; (727) 369-0669
- Monday-Thursday;10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2 p.m to 7 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (727) 369-0669
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic, 863 3rd Ave. N., St. Petersburg, (727) 821-1200
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Closed Friday to Sunday
- Monday-Tuesday; 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Masks will also be available at these locations starting Friday:
- Largo Public Library, 120 Central Park Dr., (727) 587-6715
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.,
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Highpoint Neighborhood Family Center, 5812 150th Ave. N., Clearwater (727) 533-0730
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- E.G. Simmons Park, 2401 19th Ave. NW in Ruskin
- Upper Tampa Bay Park, 8001 Double Branch Road in Tampa
- Lake Park, 17302 N. Dale Mabry Highway in Lutz
- Lithia Springs Park, 3932 Lithia Springs Road in Lithia
- The sites will be open as supplies last:
- Thursday, June 25 and Friday, June 26 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, June 29 through Thursday, July 2 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Citrus County To Offer No Cost Water Testing
Sampling and testing is scheduled for the month of August 2020 in the County’s Charles A. Black, Citrus Springs-Pine Ridge, and Sugarmill Woods PWS’ at no cost to our customers and takes only a few minutes of your time.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Utilities Compliance Manager, Devon Villareal-Dabbs at 352-527-5427 or via email at Devon.Villareal@citrusbocc.com by no later than July 31.
- Wastewater/Stormwater Partnership to give update ThursdayCounty News List
- County, city and agency partners that make up the Wastewater/Stormwater Partnership will meet virtually on Zoom on Thursday, June 25, at 9:30 AM to provide an update on the work that they are doing to protect water quality throughout Pinellas County.
To join the meeting virtually and learn more about the Wastewater/Stormwater Partnership and the projects that they will be discussing, visit https://zoom.us/j/96923029996 or by telephone:
1 646 558 8656
1 301 715 8592
1 312 626 6799
1 669 900 9128
1 253 215 8782
1 346 248 7799
- The pool at Veterans Memorial Park in Pasco County is going to open on June 30, 2020! Please check out their webpage for hours, fees and more - http://bit.ly/3epkflN
- Hernando County CARES Small Business Recovery Grant
To stimulate the local economy, the Hernando CARES Program will provide recovery grants up to $5,000 to eligible small businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Business owners may submit their complete application online at https://form.jotform.com/HernandoCounty/hernandocares. NOTE: The Office of Economic Development will not begin reviewing applications until Monday, June 29, 2020. There is no deadline to apply. The Hernando CARES Program has $5,000,000 available; applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted. Applicants will be notified by email of award.
- Visit www.HernandoCounty.us for a list of application requirements, FAQs and any additional resources on the Hernando CARES Program. Applicants may contact the Hernando County Office of Economic Development at (352) 540-6400 or HernandoCARES@HernandoCounty.us for additional information.
June 23, 2020
- Tampa Bay Lightning Pride Auction
- 2020 Recreational Scalloping: Hernando, Citrus, Levy counties
The scalloping season is set to take place July 1 - September 24th in Hernando, Citrus, and Levy Counties.
Join us to learn more about recreational scalloping in Florida!
To register, please visit: https://bit.ly/2MHxTEs
- Hillsborough County Launches Virtual Recreation Program
Virtual Recreation is your connection to Parks & Recreation, and Hillsborough County Public Library activities, live events and competitions. Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation and Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative have launched a virtual recreation program that includes many of the activities offered through its traditional programming. Activities like art lessons, scavenger hunts, dance exercises, and reading games will be available at HCFLGov.net/VirtualRec.
June 22, 2020
- Clearwater Utility Bill Payment Options
- Florida Forest Service opening additional recreation areas and moving to a cash-free point-of-sale system. Here are some dates you need to know:
- June 24: Annual off-highway vehicle passes available for purchase.
- July 1: Day-use passes for recreation areas, including trailheads and OHV riding areas, available for purchase.
- July 10: Group campsities, picnic pavilions, and group recreation areas will reopen with capacity limit of 50 people.
June 20, 2020
From Pinellas Park: The City Council Meeting on June 25th at 6pm will be open to the public and held at the Performing Arts Center (4951 78th Ave. N.). We hope to see you there!
Mark your calendar for the next Hernando Schools Board Meeting on June 23 at 6:00PM. View the agenda and watch online using this link. Submit Citizen's Input here. Deadline is 5PM on June 22 to submit your comments or questions. The June 23 school board meeting will be closed to public attendance.
June 19, 2020
City of Tampa free mask pick-up locations:
- Himes Ave. Complex - 4501 S. Himes Ave
- MacFarlane Park - 1700 N. MacDill Ave.
- Al Barnes Park - 2902 N. 32nd St.
***No ID required, limit to 2 per person in the vehicle***
June 17, 2020
June 16, 2020
- Lakeland Electric: Service disconnects for non-payment have resumed
- Pinellas County Schools Virtual STEM Camp
- Pinellas County Schools Summer Bridge Program
- Pinellas County Schools 2020 Return to School survey
- Pinellas County Schools Job Fair on June 24
- Pinellas County Schools is hosting a job fair for school bus drivers, school bus assistants, and Food & Nutrition and Facility Operations employees.
- Who: Food & Nutrition is hiring approximately 70 Food Service Assistants and Specialists.
- The Pinellas County Schools’ Transportation Team is hiring 50 school bus drivers and 110 school bus assistants for the 220-2021 school year.
- When: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Largo High School, 410 Missouri Ave N, Largo, FL 33770
- Staff will be on hand to help interested applicants complete applications. Onsite interviews, driver's license checks, and prescreening will also be available. To apply: PCS application, call 727-638-3528 for assistance or firstname.lastname@example.org
June 15, 2020
June 12, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 6, 2020
CITY OF TAMPA ANNOUNCES ROAD CLOSURES SATURDAY FOR PLANNED PROTESTS
The City of Tampa announced late Friday a number of road closures due to planned protests taking place around the city Saturday.
The list below reflects the information provided to Tampa Police and is subject to change without notice.
7:00 a.m. - March from the Tampa Convention Center to Bayshore Boulevard
- Bayshore Boulevard between S Howard Avenue and W Platt Street
- W Platt Street between S Plant Avenue and S Florida Avenue
- S Franklin Street between W E Brorein Street and Water Street
8:30 a.m. - March from the Bayshore Boulevard from Gandy Boulevard to Davis Island
- Bayshore Boulevard between W Marlin Avenue and W Platt Street
9:00 a.m. - Crossover Church, 1235 E Fowler Avenue
12:00 p.m. - March from 1108 N Franklin Street to Baptist Church - 1212 E Scott Street
- N Franklin Street between E Scott Street and E Tyler Street
- E Scott Street between N Tampa Street and N Nebraska Avenue
12:00 p.m. – March from Tampa Riverwalk to Jillian B. Lane Riverfront Park – 1001 N Boulevard
- W Laurel Street between N Boulevard and Doyle Carlton Drive
- W Green Street between N Boulevard and W Laurel Street
3:00 p.m. – Fred Ball Park – 2621 Bayshore Boulevard
3:00 p.m. – Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park – 600 N. Ashley Drive
- N Ashley Drive between E Cass Street and E Twiggs Street
3:00 p.m. – Franklin Manor – 912 N Franklin Street
- N Franklin Street between E Tyler Street and E Cass Street
5:00 p.m. – Macfarlane Park – 1700 N. MacDill Avenue
If you are not participating in the protests, police recommend using alternate routes to avoid the closures.
June 4, 2020
June 2, 2020
- A new scholarship named for Florida Polytechnic University Trustee Frank T. Martin is designed to provide more opportunity to African American students and help them achieve their STEM career ambitions. Students can apply here.
- The city of Clearwater's Community Redevelopment Agency has launched a new voucher program to spur downtown dining and the heart of Cleveland Street will remain closed to vehicle traffic to offer more room for distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
June 1, 2020
May 30, 2020
May 28, 2020
May 25, 2020
May 24, 2020
- The Lakeland Police Department is accepting applications for its 2020 Citizens Police Academy. Deadline is July 1. Cost: Free. Go here to apply.
- The City of Pinellas Park is hiring police officers and part-time recreation assistants, including lifeguards and water safety instructors. For more information and to apply, click here.
May 22, 2020
May 21, 2020
May 20, 2020
May 18, 2020
- Tampa Bay Lightning "All In" Challenge
- City of Pinellas Park, FL
The City of Pinellas Park is updating its Comprehensive Plan to refocus planning efforts, direction for future development in the city, and infrastructure investment. Join us for the 1st public webinar!
May 28, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Register to join online here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist…/6105175058934667790
Webinar ID: 168-657-219
Limited internet access? You can listen in by phone (audio only). At the start of the meeting, dial: +1 (213) 929-4232
- Hernando County Government
ATTENTION HERNANDO COUNTY BUSINESS OWNERS
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce is looking for your feedback.
Visit the following link to provide your input by taking a short survey: https://bit.ly/2Lvkr64
May 13, 2020
- Hernando Schools
FUNDRAISER FOR VETERANS - Veterans HEAT Factory is a 501c (3) non-profit organization in Hernando county dedicated to helping veterans and first responders who are struggling with Post Traumatic Stress and their families.
Open now through May 15 they are having a virtual Pampered Chef party. Please join us and find out all about these unique and useful products, learn some great cooking tips and recipes.
FUNDRAISER LINK: https://tinyurl.com/y8juxloq
May 12, 2020
May 11, 2020
May 9, 2020
- City of Mulberry, FL Government
On Monday, May 11th the Mulberry Public Library will begin Doorside Contactless Service during during the library’s regular operating hours, Mon.-Sat.
Remember that the inside of the library will still remain closed to the public.
- Tranzact is looking to hire some 300 licensed insurance agents and non-licensed candidates willing to go through virtual licensing courses for the Florida state insurance licensing exam.
The company mainly sells Medicare advantage and supplemental products.
Visit Tranzact’s website to apply.
May 8, 2020
May 7, 2020
- Want to comment on Citrus County Sheriff's Office Accreditation? Call 352-249-2851 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
May 5, 2020
May 4, 2020
- Statement from Massage Therapy Association on Florida Phase 1
- Solis Health Plans, a Medicare Advantage Plan, is joining with Florida Family Primary Care Centers to bring COVID-19 testing to senior citizens in Tampa beginning Monday, May 4, 2020. The testing will focus on residents aged 65 or older who are experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus.
- Testing will take place at the following Florida Family Primary Care Centers locations:
- Pinellas - Pinellas Park (6245 66th Street, Pinellas Park, FL 33781)
- Hillsborough - Town & Country (6726 Hanley Road, Tampa, FL 33634)
- Hillsborough - Temple Terrace (11531 N 56th Street #103, Temple Terrace, FL 33617)
- Hillsborough - Palm River (7444 E. Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL 33619)
- Hillsborough - Plant City (1608 W. Oak Avenue, Plant City, FL 33563)
- Pasco - Hudson (7463 State Road 52, Hudson, FL 34667)
- Individuals with an appointment should go to the confirmed center location at their scheduled time. An attendant will be outside to provide additional direction. ID is required for testing. Test results will be provided within 48 hours.
May 3, 2020
May 2, 2020
May 1, 2020