Imagine Museum is celebrating its first anniversary. It opened on January 24, 2018 in St. Petersburg, and its Fire and Light Gala is on Saturday, January 26.
- It's the only museum of its kind dedicated to the history of the Studio Glass Art Movement, which began in the 1960s.
- It started when artists recreated factory furnace — one that could reach 2000 degrees — in a smaller studio setting.
- One of those founding artists of the movement is Dale Chihuly. The museum holds several of his very early works.
- The museum continues to follow the movement, from the 1960s to now contemporary works.
- In the next year, the museum plans to expand their programming, add international works, and double their annual visitors.
Use the video above to watch Virginia Johnson's report.