Imagine Museum is celebrating its first anniversary. It opened on January 24, 2018 in St. Petersburg, and its Fire and Light Gala is on Saturday, January 26.
1. It's the only museum of its kind dedicated to the history of the Studio Glass Art Movement, which began in the 1960s.
2. It started when artists recreated factory furnace — one that could reach 2000 degrees — in a smaller studio setting.
3. One of those founding artists of the movement is Dale Chihuly. The museum holds several of his very early works.
4. The museum continues to follow the movement, from the 1960s to now contemporary works.
5. In the next year, the museum plans to expand their programming, add international works, and double their annual visitors.
Click on the video above to watch Virginia Johnson's report.