ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- We will have partly cloudy skies overnight into early Sunday morning with still a few lingering sprinkles or light showers moving in from the Gulf.
- Partly cloudy skies overnight
- Drier air moving in Sunday afternoon
- BELOW: Impressive Friday rain totals
Morning lows will be in the 50s inland and low 60s near the coast.
Sunday morning will start out with mostly cloudy skies and some lingering sprinkles, followed by clearing skies in the afternoon with highs reaching 70. The drier air will finally move Sunday afternoon, setting the stage for a few nice days ahead with cooler overnight lows.
Monday morning will start with lows in the 40s and 50s followed by highs in the mid-60s under mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies.
Tuesday will be mostly sunny with highs near 69.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Wednesday will feature increasing clouds with highs in the low 70s. There will likely be some showers moving in Wednesday night.
Thursday will be the wet day of the week with showers and storms likely that day and highs near 70.
Cooler, drier air is on the way for next weekend.
FRIDAY'S RAINFALL TOTALS
The rainfall totals are in from yesterday and they were huge as expected! Some areas of Citrus and Hernando County had localized brief flooding. This is the heaviest rain we’ve had since tropical season. And in some parts of Citrus County it was the heaviest 24-hour rainfall total all year!
This is a huge beneficial rainfall in our typically drier time of the year. After a couple below average months of rain, this will easily make up for it in most spots.
Crystal River 6.57
Spring Hill 4.78
Weeki Wachee 3.75
Dade City 2.76
Land O' Lakes 1.89
New Port Richey 2.82
Wesley Chapel 1.98
Palm Harbor 2.76
St. Pete 2.67
Tarpon Springs 2.56
Apollo Beach 1.96
Citrus Park 1.89
Sun City Center 1.90
Polk City 0.90
Winter Haven 0.71
Anna Maria 1.49
Lakewood Ranch 1.20
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location