ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The drier air is moving in, setting the stage for a dry and quiet few days ahead with cooler overnight lows.
- Cooler overnight
- Sunshine to return Monday
- Next cool down by Thursday, Friday
Temperatures will drop off fairly quickly this evening. Overnight will be mostly clear with lows in the mid-40s north to near 50 in Manatee County. Some low clouds are possible toward morning.
Monday will be mostly sunny with light north winds. The highs will be below normal staying in the mid-60s. Monday night will be cool again. Lows will be near 40 north to upper 40s for Tampa Bay.
Tuesday will be partly sunny with high clouds moving in. Winds will be light and highs will be in the upper 60s to near 70.
On Wednesday the high clouds will increase. The highs will make it into the low 70s. There will likely be some showers moving in Wednesday evening from the southwest.
The next big winter storm will be developing Wednesday night and Thursday.
By Wednesday night, the moisture streams back into the Tampa Bay area with showers and some storms likely.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Thursday will likely be a rainy day. Showers and storms are expected through the day with highs near 70. It will windy as an area of low pressure develops in the Gulf.
On Friday, moisture will linger, so some light rain will be likely. A cold front will sweep through. Strong west winds will spread across the state. The upper level trough will push through Friday night, so winds will become northwesterly and rain chances will end.
Cooler, drier air is on the way for next weekend.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location