ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A few more gusty passing showers will come through the area this evening.
Otherwise, expect partly cloudy skies with a northeasterly breeze overnight. Morning lows will be in the mid to upper 70s.
- Drier air, limited showers
- No change to forecast
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
On Sunday, winds will again be breezy at times, but this is mainly due to the pressure gradient between the high pressure to the north and the lower pressure with the tropical system to our east. That results in a funneling of the winds from the Atlantic to the Gulf.
Expect partly sunny to mostly cloudy skies and another round of passing showers and storms with the coverage near 40 percent.
Highs will be in the upper 80s with a northeast breeze.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Humberto will stay well east of the U.S. Coast. Once the tropical system moves east it will actually pull drier air down into our area, dropping our rain chance from Monday through Friday.
Highs will be near 90 through the week. Easterly breezes will increase late week.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location