Last Updated: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 7:12 PM EST
Here's your Tampa area forecast for the holiday weekend.
- Warming up
- Some rain chances
- Cold front later in the week
New Year’s Eve will not be as cold as last night was. Winds switched to southeasterly today, allowing the dew points to move up, so the air is not as cool or as dry.
Skies will be mostly clear to partly cloudy tonight. Lows will be in the upper 50s for Tampa, to near 50 for the Nature Coast.
Surface high pressure stretches over Florida keeping our winds light.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
On Sunday, the warming trend continues. Under mostly sunny skies, temperatures will move to around 80 degrees. As winds shift to southerly then westerly, it will be warmer in inland locations.
Upper level energy passes by to the north on Monday. Combined with more atmospheric moisture, this may be close enough to touch off a few showers in the evening.
Highs will be again near 80 in the coastal counties to low 80s inland.
Saturday morning lows:
Crystal River 30
Spring Hill 34
Citrus Park 34
Lakewood Ranch 37
Pinellas Park 41
Winter Haven 42
St Pete 53
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app