ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Tuesday into Wednesday morning, along with a look at continuing rainy conditions through the week.
- High humidity continues
- Low drifts north
- High rain chances remain
There was more sunshine across the region, but ultimately by the end of the day we still had high coverage of showers and storms due to the abundant moisture in the atmosphere.
This is what we meant when we said it would not be a total washout each day, but there would be a high coverage of showers and storms.
Most of the rain will be diurnally driven, decreasing overnight, then ramping back up during the day with the heating of the sun.
Thus, most of the showers and storms will die down overnight into the morning, with lows in the upper 60s to low 70s.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
Wednesday will again feature mostly cloudy to partly sunny skies with another round of scattered showers and storms.
Although it will not rain all day everywhere, there will be rainy times mixed in with the sun. We are going with a 50 percent coverage of rain by the end of the day and highs will again be in the mid 80s.
Any showers and storms out there will die down in the evening, with lows in the low 70s.
Thursday will still feature the same forecast of scattered showers and storms with highs in the mid 80s.
This pattern will persist into the upcoming weekend, with timing differences from day to day, but the overall coverage staying around 50 to 60 percent each day.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
The seven-day forecast