PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- CareerSource Pinellas is still trying to fill two volunteer postions on the board of directors. The application deadline has been extended to Friday, June 8 at 5 p.m. and the postions will be effective July 1.
All postitions are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and must include representatives from four categories:
1. Business: owners or executives of firms providing employment opportunities in in-demand industry sectors or occupations in Pinellas County.
2. Workforce: representatives of labor organizations, apprenticeship programs, or community-based organizations who assist individuals with barriers to employment or out-of-school youth.
3. Education and Training: providers of adult education and literacy under Title II, community colleges, and local educational agencies and community-based organizations providing education or training to individuals with barriers to employment.
4. Government, Economic and Community Development: including representatives of entities serving the local area relating to transportation, housing, and public assistance; or philanthropic organizations serving the local area.
The local workforce development board has the following responsibilities:
- Develop, submit, ratify, or amend the local workforce development plan
- Provide ongoing oversight related to administrative costs, duplicated services, career counseling, economic development, equal access, compliance and accountability, and performance outcomes
- Oversee the one-stop delivery system in its local area
- Designate all local service providers
To apply, click here.