Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Wednesday into Thursday morning, including a list of areas under freeze warnings overnight.
Clear skies and cold air to the north will funnel into the area bringing the area the coldest air in almost a year.
A hard freeze warning is in effect late Wednesday night through Thursday for Citrus and inland Hernando counties for about three hours.
A freeze warning is in effect late Wednesday night for coastal Hernando, inland Pasco, Polk, and inland Hillsborough counties for around three hours.
A Wind Chill Advisory is in effect for the entire Tampa Bay area from 10 p.m. tonight until 10 a.m. Thursday.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will combine to create low wind chills. Expect wind chills to range from 20 to 35.
- IMPACTS...Sub-freezing temperatures will be a danger for pets and sensitive vegetation
- RELATED: County-by-county cold weather shelters
- RELATED: Jackets tied to trees for those in need
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
The winds will make it feel colder though and a Wind Chill Advisory has been issued for our entire region from 10 p.m. tonight to 10 a.m. Thursday.
Hypothermia can occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you dress in layers to protect yourself from the cold.
Thursday and Friday will be mostly sunny and chilly with highs in the 50s.
Freezing temperatures are expected again Thursday night and Friday night in parts of Tampa Bay.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Bay area rainfall totals for Wednesday
Beverly Hills 1.20
Citrus Springs 0.68
Crystal River 0.52
Royal Highlands 0.73
Weeki Wachee 0.65
Land O’ Lakes 0.57
Dade City 0.52
Blackwater Creek 1.64
Plant City 0.50
Tarpon Springs 0.99
Palm Harbor 0.85
Redington Shores 0.55
Pinellas Park 0.54
Haines City 0.72
Highlands City 0.62
Lakeland Highlands 0.61
Fort Mead 0.50
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app