Every Monday, Spectrum Bay News 9 brings you "Everyday Heroes," where we profile someone from the Tampa Bay community who has gone above and beyond to help others.
Those heroes are honored each year at the "Salute to Everyday Heroes" luncheon.
A select number of those heroes, including the Viewers' Choice Hero, will be recognized at the event.
Now is your chance to tell us which Everyday Hero you think deserves the Viewers' Choice award*.
The nominees for the Everyday Hero Viewers' Choice Hero come from all walks of life, but they all have taken steps to make the world a little better.
- Jack P. Thompson founded "Wheels 4 Purple Hearts," which restores customized wheelchairs for Purple Heart recipients who have lost their legs
- Alex Harris is a singer and songwriter, and founded Arts Conservatory for Teens to provide arts education to low income students at no cost
- Jerry McMillon, who partnered with Eckerd’s Project Bridge to help young boys and girls transition back to their home communities from various juvenile justice residential programs.
- Sheila Cash-Carter McFadden, founder of "The Line Dance Connection," which provides low cost dance classes to seniors to help them stay active
Watch the attached videos and vote for the Hero you think is most deserving of this honor.
Other awards will also be given at the luncheon. They are:
- Young Hero of the Year
- Public Service Hero of the Year
- Education Hero of the Year
- Health Advocate Hero of the Year
- Volunteer Hero of the Year
- Hero of the Year
Tune in every Monday starting at 5:53 a.m. to learn more about Everyday Heroes in our communities.
*Spectrum Bay News 9 reserves the right to make the final selection in Viewers' Choice voting. Click HERE for OFFICIAL RULES.