Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Thursday into Friday morning, with a preview of condition through the middle of next week.
- Cold for March tonight
- Chance of rain Sunday
- Another cold front next week
Tonight will be colder, with lows in the 40s in Tampa Bay and the mid to upper 30s in northern counties. Some frost is possible in northern counties where winds could go calm toward sunrise, so extra care should be taken to protect sensitive plants.
An area of high pressure will move east across the Gulf of Mexico toward Florida on Friday, with lighter winds expected.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Friday will be mostly sunny with highs in the upper 60s.
This weekend will feature a brief warm-up, with highs in the 70s both days.
Saturday will be dry but there is a chance of rain starting by the evening. The chance continues on Sunday as a low pressure system moves across the Southeast states.
The rain chance is 60 percent on Sunday. There will also be increasing winds.
Rain chances will continue Sunday night and early Monday before a cold front moves through the area.
High pressure builds into the area once again behind the front by Monday afternoon, bringing clearing conditions and lower temperatures into the area through the middle of next week.
Highs will be in the upper 60s Monday through Wednesday. Overnight lows will drop to the 40s and 50s again.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
The seven-day forecast