Here’s what you need to know about conditions the rest of the week:
- Temperatures Thursday close to seasonal norms: highs around 70
- Some strong storms are possible Friday
- Windy, colder weather for the weekend
Another cool night across the area expected overnight, but it will not be as cold as Tuesday night, with no freezing temperatures or frost expected since dewpoints are increasing.
On Thursday, expect a pleasant, dry day. After a cool start, temperatures will climb back to near seasonal norms during the afternoon, with highs climbing to around 70 in the north, and the lower 70s in the central and south areas.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
- Cold Weather Shelters | 5 P's of Cold Weather Safety | Cold Weather Tips for Seniors
Protecting Your Pets | Space Heater Safety | Hypothermia Dangers
Some strong to severe storms are possible Friday, along with dangerous boating conditions for Friday and Saturday.
Conditions turn windy and colder over the weekend, with an increased risk for coastal flooding Friday night into Saturday. Dangerous surfing conditions are possible on Saturday, watch for possible freeze advisories in the northern counties for Saturday night.
Wednesday morning's cold temperatures
28 Crystal River
35 New Port Richey
39 Winter Haven
39 MacDill Air Force Base
39 Lakewood Ranch
48 St. Petersburg
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app