A deep fryer appears to be what caused a house fire in Spring Hill on Thursday, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue.

  • Fire started from unattended deep fryer
  • Started fire in kitchen of mobile home
  • Smoke, heat and water damage destroy home

A deep fryer was left unattended in the kitchen and started a fire inside the home located at 16517 Albright Avenue.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and found heavy smoke and flames shooting from the double-wide mobile home.

Crews battled the fire and were able to contain it to the kitchen and dining room area.

The home owner was treated for smoke inhalation but refused to be transported to the hospital. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion and released. There were no other injuries.

Due to smoke, heat and water damage, the mobile home is a complete loss.

The Red Cross is assisting the family of five that lived in the home.