Here's what you need to know about Tampa Bay area weather for Monday:
- Mostly clear to partly cloudy through morning
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms Monday afternoon
- For a tropical update, see the latest from our Weather Experts
Skies will be mostly clear to partly cloudy through morning.
Monday's weather pattern will not look much different from Sunday. High pressure continues over the mid-Atlantic coast and the tropical depression south of the Keys, moves west.
The interaction between these two features will keep a predominant east wind flow across the peninsula. Showers and storms will start in the afternoon inland and will quickly move west into the Gulf. It will continue to be breezy. With some more clouds around, highs Monday should be a bit lower.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9.
The tropical depression moves into the Gulf Monday. It will then linger over the east or central Gulf through mid week. It will have a chance of becoming a tropical storm in the next couple days.
Regardless of development, deep tropical moisture will be in place over the area through Thursday. Expect scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms each day. Heavier rains will be an issue starting Wednesday.
Winds will be southerly, bringing in more moisture and storms will repeat over the same locations. It will be breezy through the week and mostly cloudy. Temperatures will be in the mid 80s in the afternoons and lows in the mid 70s to near 80 at the coast.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app