With fewer clouds, temperatures are dropping quickly this evening.
- Temps in low 40s, 50s overnight
- Sunshine returns Sunday
- Cool New Year's Eve
It will be a little cooler again tonight with lows in the low 40s north to low 50s for Tampa. Skies will be partly cloudy.
Sunday will bring mostly sunny skies and light north winds. Temperatures will move into the mid to upper 60s.
New Year’s Eve will be cool by Florida standards. Tampa will be around 60 by midnight, with 50s inland and north. A few sprinkles will be possible for the Nature Coast.
A front moves south through the state Sunday night. There will be a few showers Sunday night late into Monday.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Some cooling begins Monday morning as lows drop to the low 50s for Tampa to low 40s north.
Clouds will linger through Monday, New Years Day, behind the front. There will be a chance for rain through the day. Temperatures will stay in the 50s all day, or will even drop during the day. It will be breezy.
Monday night even chillier air slides in. Lows will be in the mid 40s for Tampa Bay to mid 30s for the Nature Coast.
Tuesday will be breezy, mostly cloudy, cool with a chance for some rain, especially from Tampa and south. Highs will be in the upper 50s.
There may be some sun for the Nature Coast.
Wednesday will still be chilly with lows in the mid 40s for Tampa Bay to mid 30s north. There may be some areas of rain lingering. It should be drier in the afternoon. Breezy conditions will continue. There may be some sun later.
Even chillier air moves in for the end of the week.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app