Tropical Storm Cindy is slowly moving away from our area. We will still have a lot of cloud cover into Wednesday morning and breezy winds, but the effects from Cindy will definitely lessen by Wednesday night.
- Cindy stays west
- Increasing sunshine
- Hotter afternoons
Expect mostly cloudy skies to go partly sunny Wednesday with highs around 89. There will be a 60 percent coverage of scattered storms, with most of them in the afternoon to evening.
Thursday will be noticeably different with lots more sunshine, therefore hotter temperatures getting back into the low to mid 90s. There will be a 30 percent coverage of scattered storms that afternoon.
The weekend is looking like our typical summer pattern… lots of sunshine, hot temperatures, and afternoon scattered storms.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
In the tropics, Bret fell apart over the eastern Caribbean as expected due to strong wind shear working against it. Tropical Storm Cindy still looks very disorganized but the center of circulation doesn’t really matter as it will be more of a rainmaker type of storm instead of a big wind threat.
It will spread tons of rain across the north central Gulf region over the next few days with landfall likely between Texas and Louisiana.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app