Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Friday and on through the weekend, with a glimpse at conditions next week.
- AM storms start in the gulf
- Fewer inland storms
- Tropical Storm Harvey staying south
- PHOTOS: Friday's viewer photos submitted via Bay News 9+ app
There will be a few lingering showers and storms, but otherwise expect partly cloudy skies overnight into early Saturday morning.
Lows will be in the mid to upper 70s.
Saturday will start with some morning scattered storms in the gulf, followed by some of them propagating inland through the afternoon. However, due to slightly drier air, there will not be as many as the past couple days.
Expect it to be a bit hotter with highs in the mid 90s.
The storms will wind down in the evening with partly cloudy skies. Lows will be in the upper 70s to low 80s.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Sunday will feature an increase in atmospheric moisture due to a passing tropical wave to our south. That will help to bring the rain chance back up to about 50 to 60 percent, with storms drifting westward toward the coast.
Highs will be in the low 90s.
Next week looks a bit drier, with the coverage of storms at about 30 or 40 percent for Monday and Tuesday. But after that the rain chance could go back up if we can get some tropical moisture in here, which some of our models hint at.
Luckily, it doesn’t appear there is any threat to our area from a tropical storm, but we’re watching a tropical wave northeast of the Caribbean to see what it will do the next few days.
Tropical Storm Harvey is moving due west toward Central America and the tropical wave in the eastern Atlantic doesn’t appear to be a threat.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app