Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Friday into Saturday morning and the rest of the weekend.
- Rain Chance Back Up Saturday
- East Winds Return Monday
- Storms Will Start Later Next Week
Any storm this evening will mainly be confined to the inland areas and dissipate quickly.
Lows for Saturday morning will be warm, stopping around 80 near coastal regions and mid 70s inland.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
There will be an increase in atmospheric moisture for Saturday, bringing the rain chance back up a bit. It won't be as high as it was through many days this past week, but definitely back up to about 40 or 50 percent coverage.
The storms will tend to start near coastal regions for the first half of the day, and then slowly propagate and drift inland as the day goes along. Most of them will end up well inland by the end of the day.
Highs will be in the low to mid 90s, but likely a degree or two lower than today due to more storms back in the area.
The storms will die down Saturday night, with lows in the mid to upper 70s, except low 80s near the coast.
Sunday will wrap up the weekend on a typical summer note, with sunny to partly cloudy skies and a 40 percent coverage of scattered storms, mainly in the afternoon and slowly winding down in the evening.
Highs will be in the low to mid 90s.
Next week we'll see shifts to a typical summer pattern, with most days having about a 40 percent coverage of scattered storms, and most of them occurring in the afternoon to evening each day. Prevailing winds will be easterly to southeasterly.
Highs each day will be in the low to mid 90s.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app