Gov. Rick Scott is calling on the Federal Bureau of Investigation to release all details about its failure to take action after receiving information about Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz.
- Governor says victims' families 'deserve answers now'
- Nikolas Cruz in custody after Feb. 14 shootings at Parkland high school
INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: ▼ How the tragedy unfolded ▼
Cruz was charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and he is being held without bond after last week's mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
On Friday, the FBI said it had been contacted about Cruz but that its "protocols" weren't followed and no action was taken.
Scott on Friday called on FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign, then went after the agency again Monday.
"Last week, our state and nation was shocked to learn of the FBI's inexcusable inaction after receiving a tip informing them of Cruz's desire to carry out a school shooting," Scott said.
"The FBI's failure to initiate an investigation raises many questions, and the victims' families deserve answers now," Scott said. "Today, I am calling on the FBI to immediately release all details surrounding the Bureau's failure to act on a tip it received, including all details and protocols.
Scott also said he plans workshops Tuesday with education officials, child welfare advocates, behavorial health leaders and law enforcement to discuss keeping guns away from people with mental illness.
Meanwhile, as the state and nation continue to mourn the victims a number of vigils are scheduled in the Bay and Orlando areas. You can see a list of those here.