Anyone living in this area is well aware that some of the best beaches in the world are near the Tampa Bay area.
- 3 Bay area beaches listed among the best in the U.S.
- List compiled by Tripadvisor
- Tripadvisor.com - Top 25 U.S. beaches
But the website Tripadvisor has weighed in on America's best beaches and proclaimed that three of the best in the U.S. are right here.
St. Pete Beach came in at no. 7, while Siesta Beach on Siesta Key is no. 2 and Clearwater Beach is listed as no. 1.
According to tripadvisor, the list is based on quantity and quality of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches gathered during a 12-month period.
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Beaches in the U.S.:
1. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
2. Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
3. Ka'anapali Beach – Lahaina, Hawaii
4. South Beach – Miami Beach, Florida
5. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Honolulu, Hawaii
6. Fort Lauderdale Beach – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
7. St. Pete Beach – St. Pete Beach, Florida
8. Hollywood Beach – Hollywood, Florida
9. Santa Monica Beach – Santa Monica, California
10. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Hawaii
For the complete list of Travelers' Choice Beach award-winners worldwide for 2018, as well as the latest reviews and candid traveler photos, visit: www.TripAdvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches.
Travelers can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #TravelersChoice.