BROOKSVILLE, Fla. — A family dog was killed in a Saturday afternoon fire in Brooksville.
- Fire happened in 7200 block of Cortez Boulevard
- Faulty electrical wiring blamed
- More Hernando County headlines
The fire happened just after 12:30 p.m. in the 7200 block of Cortez Boulevard.
Crews responded to find a mobile camper fully involved in flames. The home was destroyed.
The cause of the fire was determined to be faulty electrical wiring.
More than 20 firefighters responded to the scene.
No other injuries were reported. The homeowner was not home when the fire started.