ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — After a high of 98 degrees in Tampa on Tuesday, more hot weather is expected for Wednesday.
- Hazy, hot and humid
- Increasing rain chances this week
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
However, moisture will be increasing. As a result, rain chances will come back into the area beginning later Wednesday afternoon or evening.
Highs again will reach the mid 90s with the heat index around 105-110 at times.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
By Thursday, an east wind will return. That will set us up for a more typical summertime pattern heading into the weekend.
HERE ARE THE RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES FOR TODAY AND WEDNESDAY.
BROOKSVILLE 97 IN 2016
TAMPA INTERNATIONAL 98 IN 1950
ST PETERSBURG 96 IN 1977
SARASOTA 98 IN 1998
LAKELAND 98 IN 1988
BROOKSVILLE 97 IN 2014
TAMPA INTERNATIONAL 98 IN 1952
ST PETERSBURG 97 IN 2010
SARASOTA 97 IN 2007
LAKELAND 97 IN 2010
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location