ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A cold front moved through Friday afternoon. The front has since stalled out in South Florida.
Some areas of rain or sprinkles will continue to spread across the area behind the front through the overnight, caused by an upper level trough approaching. Cooler air has moved in at the surface, but warmer air is still up above.
- Rain overnight
- Cooler weekend
- Another front next week
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
Dew points have dropped some this afternoon since winds are northerly, but will drop more overnight and into Saturday. It will stay breezy.
With lower dew points, temperatures will drop into the mid 60s for Tampa Bay to upper 50s for the Nature Coast in the morning.
The upper level trough moves through Saturday. This will end the rain chances.
It will be breezy, much cooler and drier. The cooler air and low humidity will last longer this time. Clouds will decrease later in the day. Highs will stay in the 70s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Sunday will bring mostly sunny skies. The humidity will be even lower.
Highs will be in the 70s. Winds will be lighter than Saturday.
On Monday, the temperatures and humidity will rebound a little. Temperatures will be normal for this time of the year with a high around 80.
For Tuesday, the winds switch around to southerly, but only briefly. Highs will be in the upper 70s to around 80.
There will be a small chance for rain later in the day. Another cold front will follow. It will move through sometime from Tuesday to Tuesday evening.
Another round of cooler air flows in by Wednesday. This could be the coolest air of the season.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location