Veterans in Citrus County now have more transportation options thanks to expanding services at Citrus County Transit. The county’s large veteran population has historically depended on transit services to the VA hospital in Gainesville and to The Villages VA Outpatient Clinic. Transit Services is now adding transport to the VA hospital in Tampa.
The 2020 schedule and services includes:
• Every Tuesday transportation to The VA Hospital in Tampa
• Every Wednesday transportation to The VA Hospital in Gainesville
• Every Thursday transportation to The Villages Outpatient Clinic
• Buses are handicap accessible and can accommodate wheelchairs and walkers
• Home pickups are available
• Space permitting the Veteran can bring an escort
• There is NO charge for this service
Citrus County is pleased to be able to expand transit service to our veterans. Here are a couple recent quotes from riders;
“Very good service. I’m 85 years old and if this service was not available I would have to really scramble to get a ride.” Said veteran Richard Walsh of Inverness.
Veteran Charles Owen from Hernando said, “Ride was great. At 95 years old, I should not be driving such a long distance. Without this service I would not have any other way to get to my appointments.”