ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Skies will be mostly clear overnight into early Tuesday morning.
- Hotter pattern
- Increasing humidity
- Late week rain chances
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
Temperatures are much warmer this week, as predicted. The humidity still remains low, so it’s not as muggy as the summer, but high temperatures will definitely be bordering on hot the next couple days.
Tuesday morning will be mostly clear with just some patchy fog. Lows will be in the 60s inland and near 70 at the coast.
After the pleasant morning, it will be another warm day with highs near 90 in many spots. This is due to the fact that high pressure is overhead and winds are from the east.
That combination doesn’t allow our afternoon sea breeze to come off the cooler gulf waters to keep our temperatures in check.
As a result, we end up getting hotter in this wind pattern on our side of the state.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
There will just barely be enough atmospheric moisture to trigger a couple of isolated showers, but there won’t be many. We’ll go with just a 10 percent coverage.
Tuesday night will be partly cloudy to mostly clear, with lows in the 60s to low 70s.
Wednesday will be very similar both on temperatures and small chance of a shower.
Atmospheric moisture will increase Thursday into Friday due to a passing batch of moisture to our east in the Atlantic. That will help trigger scattered afternoon showers and storms both days.
So expect a 40 to 50 percent coverage of scattered storms both Thursday and Friday afternoon. Highs will be a little lower both of those days in the mid to upper 80s.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location