ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The first cold front of the season is on the way, but it won’t last long.
- Approaching cold front
- More rain returns late week
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
Tuesday will still be warm and muggy with highs in the mid to upper 80s. Skies will be partly sunny with a 30 percent coverage of scattered showers.
The front will come through Tuesday night bringing in drier, less humid air for Wednesday morning.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
There will be a noticeable difference Wednesday with a more comfortable feel, even though high temperatures will only drop a few degrees into the low 80s. Wednesday night will have lows in the 60s.
The humidity will come back quickly with scattered showers back in the area Thursday and Friday. Rain chances both days will be at about 40 percent coverage. Highs both days will be in the mid 80s.
That forecast will hold into the weekend with partly sunny skies and a 40 percent coverage of scattered showers.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location