ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Overnight will be cool again with lows in the lower 60s north to upper 60s for Tampa Bay. The front that came through earlier today will still be stalled out in South Florida.
- Cold front arrived
- Partly sunny skies
- Comfortable and drier weekend
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
Some warmer air has started moving north over the top of the cool surface air. This has caused clouds to form over some of our area. Some sprinkles will be possible late night especially for the Nature Coast.
On Saturday those clouds will linger, so there will be a chance for a couple of showers or sprinkles. Humidity will be comfortable.
Highs will be near 80 around Tampa Bay to mid to upper 70s for the Nature Coast. The afternoon will be a little breezy with northeasterly winds shifting to northerly.
More cool and drier air will filter in on those north winds Saturday night.
The next upper level trough will swing into the Southeast U.S. Saturday night. This will push the lingering front farther south and out of Florida as another surge of cooler and drier air moves in across the area for Sunday.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Sunday morning will bring lows in the low 60s for Tampa Bay to low 50s north. The afternoon will be partly cloudy to mostly sunny with low humidity.
There will be at least a little breeze from the northeast. Highs in Tampa Bay will only reach the upper 70s.
On Monday, the air begins to warm a little. Highs will get back into the 80s, but the humidity will stay decent. Small rain chances will return in the afternoon.
This pattern will continue for the work week. Temperatures will run above normal. There will be low rain chances each day as moisture returns overhead.
Another front is possible by the end of the week or next weekend.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location